Satellite symposia provide organizations with a unique opportunity to showcase their work and drive issue-specific dialog most important to the world’s leading HIV professionals.
During the 10th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019), satellite symposia will take place all day on Sunday, 21 July, and in morning and evening timeslots from Monday, 22 July, to Wednesday, 24 July. They are available for a fee, based on the room capacity and the time slot requested.
Although they take place in the conference centre, satellite symposia are fully organized and coordinated by the organization hosting the satellite. The conference organizers will review the content of each symposium to ensure that it meets the scientific and ethical principles of the conference.
Criteria for approval include the following:
- Satellite symposia should reflect and/or support the vision and goals of the conference.
- Satellite symposia should address HIV/AIDS, co-infections or issues faced by individuals or organizations affected by or responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- Satellite symposia should reflect conference policies and goals of diversity and inclusion.
Benefits for satellite symposia organizers
Listing in the conference programme
Listing in the
Satellite symposia organizers receive the following benefits:
- Listing in the conference pocket programme (printed) and the online programme
- Listing in the mobile app
- A number of complimentary day passes. Organizers in rooms with capacities of 200 will be offered five day passes; those in rooms with capacities of 430 or 480 will be offered 10 day passes; and those in rooms of capacities of 750+ will be offered 15 day passes. Satellite symposia organizers who have booked prime-time slots will be offered 20 day passes regardless of the room capacity chosen. Day passes include access, only on the day of your satellite, to all conference sessions, satellite symposia, the exhibition and the poster area.
Submit your satellite symposium application
Satellites are available in a number of formats depending on the room capacity and the time slot you choose; this is in addition to choosing either a 90-minute or 120-minute satellite.
90-minute slots will take place on the mornings (only at 07:00-08:30) of Monday, 22 July, to Wednesday, 24 July. The room capacities and prices are:
These slots will take place all day on Sunday, 21 July, and in the evening on Monday, 22 July, and Tuesday, 23 July. The 120-minute slots are available either at a regular or prime-time slot, as follows:
- Prime-time slots will take place at 17:00-19:00 on Sunday, 21 July, and in the evening at 18:30-20:30 on Monday, 23 July, and Tuesday, 24 July.
- Regular time slots will take place at 08:00-10:00, 10:15-12:15, 12:30-14:30 and 14:45-16:45 on Sunday, 21 July.
The room capacities and prices are:
||Regular time slots
||Prime time slots
||Regular time slots
||Prime time slots
IMPORTANT: Scheduling of all satellites symposia is at the discretion of the conference organizers (the IAS). Scheduling is handled on a first-come, first-served, first-paid basis according to the dates when applications are received and in line with the satellite organizers’ chosen time slot (90-minute/120-minute, regular/prime) and requested room capacity (there is limited availability of each room capacity). Only Major Industry Sponsors receive the right to select their satellite symposium slot.
IAS 2019 offers opportunities for satellite organizers to demonstrate their support for the HIV response through a broad range of exclusive and non-exclusive branding opportunities, including customized packages tailored to your specific needs. Please refer to the complete list here.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jeanne Mencier.
- VAT is not applicable on satellites.
- There is a limited quantity of each room capacity.
- Room capacities are estimates at this early stage of planning and may vary by 15%.
- Rooms are equipped with all the standard (AV) equipment required to run a meeting. Additional equipment (such as additional microphones and voting systems) can be rented.
- 90-minute satellite symposia take place only in the mornings (07:00-08:30), from Monday, 22 July, to Wednesday, 24 July 2019.
- 120-minute satellite symposia take place all day on Sunday, 21 July (regular time slots, except 17:00-19:00), and in the evenings (18:30-20:30) on Monday, 22 July, and Tuesday, 23 July 2019 (prime-time slots).